What are cookies?
A cookie (also called an HTTP cookie) is a small and often encrypted text file, typically of letters and numbers, downloaded on to a device when the user accesses certain websites. It is used by web developers to help users navigate their websites more efficiently and perform certain functions. Find out more information: https://www.aboutcookies.org/.
The information stored in cookies can be used to personalize the user experience when accessing a website. Cookies are created when a user’s browser loads a particular website, which would send information to the browser and in turn create a text file. Every time the user returns to the same website the browser retrieves and sends the file created to the website’s server. Besides the cookies created by the website the user is browsing, there are cookies made by other websites that run ads, widgets, or other elements on the page being loaded.
Cookies and their relevant technology are significantly different between websites, so it will be helpful for you to understand how to classify cookies that we use on our websites including ‘Acri cookies’ and ‘Flash cookies’.
Acri cookies are ‘first party cookies’, which means they are set by our website and sister domain names. You can use these cookies to access and use the Website and web trading platforms. Cookies can be used to monitor your usage of a website and trading platforms, but we will not share any of data collected by the cookies with any third party.
Acri cookies will not:
- Collect information that may be used to advertise to you on our website or any other third-party websites.
- Send you targeted advertisements on any other third-party websites.
- Provide information to other third-party companies such as social networks about your visit to our website.
- Supply advertising agencies and networks with information about you so that they can present you with advertisements whilst visiting other third-party websites.
Acri cookies will:
- Help you complete our account opening application and let us know how far you have got if you leave and return to your application form.
- Remember your login details.
- Keep the Website consistent.
- Make you more interactive with the services that we offer, like initiating the chat or comment on the Website.
- Allow us to make sure our services work more effectively by monitoring visits and performance and errors. We achieve this through internal systems and Google Analytics when you visit our website.
For Further Information
Useful information about cookies can be found at http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB)
A Guide to Online Behavioral Advertising is written and funded by the internet advertising industry can be found at http://www.youronlinechoices.eu